Christmas Cookie Cutter Set
old fashioned sugar cookies
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2-3 tablespoons milk (this always throws me off)
Set oven to 375 degrees.
1. Cream the shortening and sugar together until they are good friends!
2. Add that egg, and mix him in until he feels at home.
3. Add the lovely-scented vanilla and orange peel.
4. Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl...or else...
5. Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients alternately with that vague amount of milk until the dough is perfect :-)
6. Roll that perfect dough out on a lightly floured surface. 1/8 inch thick? Meh, who really cares.
7. Cut with floured cookie cutters and decorate in whatever way your little heart desires!
8. PUT IN OVEN. Recommended: 12 minutes, but i usually leave them in for less time.
Christmas Cookies are for the Birds
I make these "cookies" and give them to my birding and non-birding friends alike. They consist simply of bird seed, flour and corn syrup. The icing is edible, but it smears after a snowstorm. The birds don't seem to mind though.
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup water
5 tablespoons corn syrup
4 cups bird seed mix
Mix in glass bowl. Flatten mixture on wax paper lined cookie sheet or other flat surface. Form desired shapes with cookie cutters. Leave mixture in cutter to set for four hours. Turn over and leave over-night. Use a drinking straw to form a hole for hanging. Yields approximately eight 4" ornaments, depending on thickness(thicker is better). Decorate with edible frosting and/or dried fruit such as cranberries, rasins, etc. Give as gifts or hang from a tree.
vanishing oatmeal raisin cookies
cook pork spare ribs
how to make sugar cookies homemade
can you cook smoked salmon
can you freeze cooked chicken breast
small cookie cutters
how long to cook lamb shanks
top 10 christmas cookies
boat cook jobs
Author:accommodation mount cook nz
Display RSS link.
Friend request form
copyright (C) 201111 » ACCOMMODATION MOUNT COOK NZ all rights reserved.
[ template by 白黒素材 ]